Third mission, social involvement and services for the community
Knowing the importance of integrating university teaching and research and engagement with the local society, the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures has forged a synergistic relationship with local bodies for sharing culture and education. In line with its vocation and available resources, the Department promotes many activities that contribute to the social, cultural and economic development of local society. For example:
- Informative articles and online publications dedicated to the general public
- Conferences and events for professional development and lifelong learning open to school teachers of foreign languages at all levels
- Conferences and seminars for the public involving cultural entities and local social and academic institutions from the Veneto region
- Organising (or participating in) informative events for the local community
- Proposing research projects that actively involve local organisations or companies
- Collaborating with local institutions and companies to develop and improve students’ vocational skills (e.g. in publishing and museum conservation, including the application of new technologies, in managing cultural heritage and production, organising events, company management, tourism management and arts and culture management), playing a facilitating role for the productive fabric of the city and local area.