The main educational objective of the Master’s Degree in Comparative European and Non-European Languages and Literatures is to provide specialized comparative preparation of Spanish-American literature in its critical and interpretation of the text methodologies.
The skills and abilities acquired will turn to interdiscipli-nary approaches, to the study of critical methodologies concerning reading, translation and critical analysis of texts in foreign languages and to high-level written pro-duction. In this way, the student will acquire skills in Spanish language presentation, both in terms of content and critical processes in intertextual and intercultural contexts, also in view of a possible high level professional approach and further developments in the academic field, such as the PhD.
The expected learning outcomes are as follows:
- Knowledge and understanding: at the end of the course the student must have acquired advanced knowledge about the Hispano-American literary and cultural history in its various expressions: in the forms, in the genres and in the critical perspectives;
- “Applied” knowledge and understanding: the student must be able to apply the historical-literary knowledge and the theoretical, didactic and methodological tools ac-quired in the professional fields of research, teaching of languages and literatures, translation and literary dissemination, international cooperation and cultural promotion;
- Autonomy of judgment: the student must have devel-oped a good ability to manage the knowledge acquired in order to carry out research, activities and evaluations related to the Spanish-American literature in its critical and interpretation of the text methodologies with autonomy of judgment;
- Communication skills: students must have acquired those skills that enable them to fluently use the Spanish language to argue in a clear and articulate way the teaching contents in both written and oral form;
- Learning skills: students must have acquired useful skills to access, with a high degree of autonomy, higher-level linguistic and literary studies such as Specialization Courses, Masters and PhDs.
The student should demonstrate to have acquired the ability to critically read the texts in the program, using the theoretical tools provided during the lessons. The student will also be required to contextualize specific texts in their historical-cultural contexts, being able to establish the necessary links with the European culture and literature.
Evaluation will be organized as follows:
1) Writing and oral presentation of a paper on a topic related to the problems covered during the course: 50%
2) Oral exam in spanish: 50%
El estudiante debe poseer la capacidad de leer críticamente los textos en programa, usando las herramientas teóricas proporcionadas durante las clases. Además, se requiere la capacidad de contextualizar las obras en sus ámbitos histórico-culturales, estableciendo los vínculos necesarios con la cultura y las literaturas europeas.
La evaluación se hará de acuerdo con los siguientes porcentajes:
1) Redacción y presentación oral de un ensayo acerca de un aspecto relacionado con los temas del programa: 50%
2) Examen oral en español: 50%