...Dreams and myths in the first Twentieth century literature: Rainer Maria Rilke, Georg Trakl and Franz Kafka (Träume und Mythen in der Literatur des frühen 20. Jahrhunderts: Rainer Maria Rilke, Georg Trakl und Franz Kafka)
The course offers to students a text selection of three Twentieth century representative authors belonging to Austrian and Middle-European culture. Recurring figures bound to dreams and literary myths and their related poetological aspects will be studied through the reading and the analysis of the texts in the programme.
At the end of the course students will have to show:
- to have acquired a deep knowledge of the topics discussed during the course
- the knowledge of the main works of the authors in the programme
- a critical knowledge of the problems of the first Twentieth century poetics
- to have developed specific competences in the literary text analysis
- to have developed the ability to convey their knowledges through a suitable competence in German.
The course is structured in only one module (frontal lessons and seminars) and will be held entirely in German.
After a short introduction to the authors' life and work the course will deal with the following topics:
The oniric character of late 19th century poetry
The relationship between dream and literature, myth and poetry
Tranformations of myth in modern literature and its poetological figures.
|Busch Walter||Bild-Gebaerde-Zeugenschaft. Studien zur Poetik von Rainer Maria Rilke||Studienverlag||2010||scelta di capitoli|
|David E. Wellbery||Eine neue Geschichte der deutschen Literatur||WBG||2013||978-3-650-40035-2|
|Allemann Beda||Rilke und der Mythos||Surhkamp||1976||pp. 7-28|
The final exams will be oral and held in GermanThe final exam will be oral and held in German. The oral exam will be on the whole programme and it will consist in a conversation aimed at testing:
- the depth and wideness of the acquired knowledges
- the ability to analyse and understand the literary texts in the programme
- the argumentative ability and the ability to link knowledges in a critical-literary reflection on the relationship between myth, dream and poetry
- the ability to convey the acquired knowledges in German.
The final mark will be in 30ths.
ERASMUS students are required to contact the teacher at the beginning of the course to agree upon the exam modality.
During the course students will have to present short papers.