The course aims to provide students with no basic legal skills, with fundamental knowledge of media and information law, including the structure and functions of the public bodies involved in the sector regulation. Furthermore, the course will provide basic notions of copyright law.
At the end of the course students will be able to understand the main legal aspects related to information and the media and their institutional actors. Students will also be able to understand the basic legal mechanisms underlying copyright law, with special attention to publishing.
1. Basic constitutional law issues: Constitution, Legislation and the role of the Constitutional Court. Central government and the agencies involved in media regulation.
2. Freedom of expression and speech in the constitutional framework and their limits.
3. The press and the journalist in the legal perspective.
4. Audiovisual and radio media services: television and radio broadcasting as a public service.
6. The regulation authorities in media law: Parliament, the Executive and AGCOM.
7. Fundamentals of copyright law.
Teaching methodology: Lectures aimed at providing students with the fundamentals of legal reasoning and with the main constitutional means of protecting freedom of speech and information and the rights of the citizens receiving information. Students will integrate the contents of the lessons with materials provided on the e-learning platform.
|S. Dell'Arte||Fondamenti di diritto d'autore nell'era digitale||Key Editore||2017||Limitatamente ai capitoli 1, 2 e 3.|
|Gardini G.||Le regole dell'informazione. L'era della post-verità||G. Giappichelli||2017||Limitatamente ai capitoli da 1 a 6 e capitolo 12|
Written exam with three open questions on the main topics of the course. The exam aims to ascertain the knowledge of the subject–matter and the ability to present the relevant legal concepts in a clear and correct way, using the appropriate terminology. Marks are expessed in thirtieths.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits