To show the organization of the course that includes this module, follow this link Course organization
The main objective of the course (within the Languages and Cultures for Publishing) is the acquisition of advanced skills in the field of Spanish contemporary literature. The expected learning outcomes are as follows:
- Knowledge and understanding: a depth knowledge of the Spanish literature of the considered period: historical context, texts, genres, movements and authors taught in the course.
- Applied knowledge and understanding skills: the student will acquire the methodologies necessary to work on literary texts in historical and comparative perspectives and the ability to understand complex texts and implicit meanings.
- Autonomy of judgment: the student must demonstrate the ability to contextualize tackled literary phenomena and to actualize cultural elements of enduring validity.
- Communicative Skills: At the end of the course the student must have acquired the ability to express himself and argue about the contents of the teaching both in written and oral language. He/she will have to be able to express and argue the same content even in Spanish, at least at a basic level.
- Learning Skills: Students should have developed self-sufficient learning skills to deal with the successive courses of the Spanish Literature.
The course is divided into two parts:
Part I will provide the coordinates for the knowledge of the main movements, authors and genres of Spanish literature of the twentieth century, focusing in particular on the novel and the development of the detective genre.
Part II will explore the female Spanish detective novel and work of Alicia Giménez Bartlett.
The topics planned for Part II are as follows:
- Cultured literature and popular literature in the Spanish twentieth century
- The detective novel: birth and evolution of the genre, diffusion in Spain
- Texts: Ritos de muerte by Alicia Giménez Bartlett
Teaching Mode: Teaching will take place in Italian and Spanish through frontal teaching, case studies and e-learning. The course will have an e-learning platform, which will contain mandatory contents and optional materials. For students who do not have a previous Spanish language education, we will consider the possibility of organizing support courses. This program is also valid for non-attending students who, however, are advised to contact the teacher during the reception hours.
Throughout the academic year, the individual reception service managed by the teacher is available, at the timetable indicated on the web pages (no need to set a specific appointment).
|Alicia Giménez Bartlett||Ritos de muerte||Destino||1996||Prima edizione 1996, si consiglia un'edizione più recente|
Students wishing to take the exam only for part II of the program (3 ECTS) are asked to contact the teacher to agree on the modalities. Anyhow the exam takes place in Italian and Spanish and consists of an interview aimed at verifying the depth and breadth of the matured knowledge, the analytical and argumentative ability, the ability to systematically connect knowledge, the property of language.