The course aims to provide the students without basic legal skills, with fundamental knowledge of media and information law, including the structure and functions of the public bodies involved in the sector regulation. Furthermore, the course will provide basic notions of copyright law.
At the end of the course students will be able to understand the main legal aspects of information and media sectors and their institutional actors. Students will also be able to understand the basic legal mechanisms underlying copyright law, with special attention to publishing.
1. Basic constitutional law issues: Constitution, Legislation and the role of the Constitutional Court. Central government departments and agencies involved in media regulation
2. Freedom of expression and speech in the constitutional framework and their limits. Reputation and privacy.
3. The press and the journalist in the legal perspective.
4. The regulation authorities in media law: Parliament, Government and AGCOM
5. Audiovisual and radio media services: technology and users’ protection
6. Television and radio broadcasting as a public service
7. Fundamentals of copyright law
Teaching methodology: Lectures aimed at providing students with the fundamentals of legal reasoning and with the main constitutional means of protecting freedom of speech and information and the rights of the citizens receiving information. Students will integrate the contents of the lessons with materials provided on the e-learning platform.
|R. Zaccaria, A.Valastro, E. Albanesi||Diritto dell'informazione e della comunicazione (Edizione 9)||CEDAM||2016||Cap. I; Cap. III (escluso paragrafo 6 e relativi sottoparagrafi); Cap. IV; Cap. VII; Cap. IX; Cap. XII; Cap. XVII|
Written exam with four open questions on the main topics of the course. The exam aims to ascertain the knowledge of the subject–matter and the ability to present the relevant legal concepts in a clear and correct way, using the appropriate terminology. Marks are expessed in thirtieths.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits