The course aims to provide the students without basic legal skills, with fundamental knowledge of media and information law, including the structure and functions of the public bodies involved in the sector regulation. The course also tends to provide basic legal knowledge to the students who intend to join the Master course in Publishing and Journalism.
1. Basic constitutional law issues: Constitution, Legislation and the role of the Constitutional Court.
2. Freedom of expression and speech in the constitutional framework and their limits.
3. Freedom of Information and reputation protection. The press and the journalist in the legal perspective.
4. Other media: radio and television
5. Cinema and theatre. Censorship mechanisms
6. Privacy protection
7. The regulation authorities in media law
8. Internet and the law
Written exam with open questions on the main topics of the course. The exam aims to ascertain the knowledge of the subject–matter and the ability to present the relevant legal concepts in a clear and correct way, using the appropriate terminology.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits