|mercoledì||16.00 - 17.30||lezione||Aula S.11|
|mercoledì||17.30 - 19.00||lezione||Aula S.11|
The course aims at illustrating
(1) the main steps of the history of the English language
(2) the history of news-writing in Anglophone countries – from its early beginning to the present time of unmediated journalism.
- early studies on language
- history of English
- before the Anglo-Saxons
- Old English
- Middle English
- Modern English
- History and development of newspaper language
- Newswriting in the 18th, 19th, and 20th century in Anglophone countries
- Present-day newswriting in English
FACCHINETTI Roberta, Nicholas BROWNLEES, Birte BÖS, Udo. FRIES (2012) News as Changing Texts: Corpora, Methodologies and Analysis, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
MUGGLESTONE Lynda (2006/2012) The Oxford History of English, updated edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
Partita IVA 01541040232
Codice Fiscale 93009870234
© 2019 | Università degli studi di Verona | Credits