At the end of the course the student must prove to 1) have acquired the general principles of Russian morphology; 2) be able to apply them to the comprehension of simple written and oral texts; 3) possess language skills of B2 level according to the CEFR definition.
At the end of the course the student must prove to have acquired the general principles of Russian phonetics and grammar and to be able to apply them to the comprehension of both written and oral texts.
* Course syllabus *
The first part of the course is dedicated to fundamentals of phonetics and orthography of Russian language, and to transliteration. The second part is dedicated to the morphology of Russian language, e.g. declination of nouns, adjectives, personal and demonstrative pronouns, use of cases, verbal system (conjugation, tense, aspect), verbs of motion without prefixation. Students will also be trained in reading, translating and commenting short texts.
|Cevese C., Dobrovolskaja Ju., Magnanini E.||Grammatica russa. Manuale di teoria||Hoepli||2018||978-88-203-8543-9|
|Chavronina S.||Il russo esercizi||Il Punto||2007||9788890318603|
Frontal lectures; grammar exercises; reading and comment on texts.
Written + oral exam
Students can take the exam only after they acquire the B1 language certificate.
The written part is a test consisting of questions and exercises on the topics of the course. It lasts one and a half hour.
The oral part can be taken only after passing the written one. This part will require students to:
- correct the errors in the written exam;
- elaborate on one of the topics of grammatical theory;
- read and translate a short text;
- hold a short conversation in Russian.
(1) The written test is marked in thirties. The total mark is the mean score between the mark of written test and that of the language certificate. Note that the mean score will be calculated only if the mark of the written test is at least 18/30.
(2) Students who pass the written test can (a) take the oral part of the exam, or (b) if unsatisfied with the mark, repeat the test in one of the following exam sessions
(3) The oral part completes the written one, so – depending on the student’s performance – the final mark can be confirmed, increased or reduced.
- Chavronina S. Il russo esercizi, Il Punto Editore, Roma, 2007.
- Cevese C., Dobrovolskaja Ju., Magnanini E. Grammatica russa. Manuale di teoria, Hoepli, Milano, 2018.
- Slides of the lecturer and further papers uploaded on the e-learning website. Students are required to register at the e-learning page of the course.
Programme and bibliography are the same for both attending and non-attending students.