The course provides a general overview of the tourism history from ancient ages to today. Students will understand the economic and social characteristics of the various interpretative paradigms of the evolution of tourism in the long run: proto-tourism, modern tourism, mass tourism and post-modern tourism.
At the end of the course the student will understand:
- the factors influencing the dynamics of the development of a tourist area in the long run;
- the historical changes of the tourist sector (demand and the supply sides).
1. Tourism and economic development.
2. Tourism: a global history.
3. Tourism in Italy.
4. Regional case studies.
5. The organization of tourist sector.
Frontal lessons covering the topics of the course. Ppt slides will be provided on the e-learning platform.
At the beginning of the course a detailed calendar will be provided with an indication of the topics discussed in each lessons.
|Patrizia Battilani||Vacanze di pochi, vacanze di tutti. L'evoluzione del turismo europeo||Il Mulino||2009|
The exam will verify:
- knowledge of the topics covered by the course
- correct use of language
The exam focuses on the topics covered by the course.
Written test: 10 closed-ended questions and 2 open-ended questions
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits