This module aims at leading students to know the basic features (concepts, terms and methods) of corpus linguistics applied to the study of the lexicon, structure, functions and textual organization of the English language. At the end of the module students will be able to analyze written and oral texts drawn from different types of corpora.
- What is corpus linguistics?
- Corpus-based vs corpus-driven linguistics
- Annotated vs unannotated corpora
- Monolingual vs multilingual corpora
- Accessing and analyzing corpus data in English
- Concordances and collocations
- The Web as a corpus
- Corpus-based studies of synchronic and diachronic variation in English
PhD lessons do not require a specific exam for each module.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
Italian Fiscal Code93009870234
© 2023 | Verona University
CSS e script siti DOL