On successful completion of this module, PhD students will be able to:
- summarize categories and markers of inflectional morphology;
- compare different languages with respect to morphological categories and marking;
- relate empirical findings to morphological theory;
- demonstrate a deeper understanding of the thematic fields of 'agreement' 'syncretism', 'paradigm structure';
- show proficiency in morphosyntactic analysis, especially in the use of the Leipzig Glossing Rules, by both writing and interpreting glosses.
The course will provide basic knowledge in inflectional morphology. With 'agreement', 'syncretism' and 'paradigm structure' three central concepts will be discussed in more detail. The concepts will be exemplified mainly with data from Indo-European standard languages. For German and Italian also non-standard varieties will be considered, in accordance with the PhD programme's special focus on dialects and minority languages.
27 October 2021, 14.00-18.00
28 October 2021, 10.00-12.00, 14.00-16.00
29 October 2021, 14.00-16.00
UniVR - Aula Co-Working
Vedi la bibliografia dell'insegnamento
PhD Students can choose aspects of the module as topic of their term paper.
CSS e script siti DOL