The course aims to consolidate the knowledge of aspects of the tradition of linguistic research in the Hispanic context.
At the end of the course students:
– should know the basics of theoretical models to account for linguistic phenomena related to Spanish in a synchronic or diachronic perspective;
– will apply these models to written and oral texts in Spanish, proving to be able to organize the aspects studied in a systematic manner.
The course aims to acquire the rudiments necessary to distinguish the basic characteristics of the linguistic variation of the current Spanish, with particular attention to those referring to the diatopic variation, and thus obtain a general view of the dialectal complexity of Spanish.
1. Fundamental concepts of linguistic norm (standard and normative), linguistic variation (diachronic, diastratic and diaphasic), language, dialect, idiolect.
2. Characteristics of the peninsular diatopic varieties. Phonological, morphosyntactic and lexical characteristics. Linguistic analysis of peninsular dialect texts.
3. Characteristics of American diatopic varieties. Phonological, morphosyntactic and lexical traits. Indigenous lexicon. Linguistic analysis of dialectal texts.
|María Vaquero Ramírez||El español de América (II). Morfosintaxis y léxico||Arco/Libros||1996|
|María Vaquero Ramírez||El español de América (I). Pronunciación||Arco/Libros||1996|
|Pilar García Mouton||Lenguas y dialectos de España||Arco/Libros||1994|
Assessment will consist of a written exam and it is s aimed at ascertaining the breadth and depth of the knowledge gained on the topics in the program, as well as the property of language, the terminological precision and the ability to connect the acquired knowledge in a systemic way.
The exam will focus on the program carried out during the lessons, on the didactic materials and on the bibliography of the course. The program, the bibliography and the examination procedures are the same for all students, including non-attending students.
In relation to the situation deriving from the Coronavirus emergency, the examination procedure indicated above is changed for the 2020 summer and fall sessions, in accordance with the indications of the University, in an oral interview via ZOOM on the topics and the bibliography of the teaching.