The main aim of the course is to provide students with:
- A general knowledge of the literary, cultural and historical context: main writers/texts/movements/genres discussed in class
- Ability to read critically the literary texts included in the reading list, by putting to use the theoretical knowledge gained in class
- Ability to express oneself and critically argue in Spanish
The course will focus on a selection of literary representations, among the many the characterise 17th Spanish literature: novela picaresca.
The course will be taught in Spanish.
Students are required to check throughout the course materials and information uploaded on E-learning UNIVR
Students who are unable to attend are required to contact the teacher.
|Francisco Rico||La novela picaresca y el punto de vista (Edizione 1)||Editorial Seix Barral (Barcelona)||2000||978-8-432-20468-5|
|Felipe B. Pedraza Jiménez, Milagros Rodríguez Cáceres||Las épocas de la literatura española. (Edizione 1)||Ariel (Barcelona)||2002||84-344-2502-5||Solo il capitolo dedicato al Barroco (Barocco)|
|Francisco de Quevedo||La Vida del Buscón llamado don Pablo||Cátedra||2006||978-84-376-0237-0||ed. de Domingo Ynduráin|
|Anónimo||Lazarillo de Tormes (Edizione 2)||Cátedra||1987||8437606608||ed. de Francisco Rico|
An oral exam in Spanish will assess:
- a knowledge of primary and secondary texts
- the ability to articulate effectively the information and critical assessments concerning texts and topics discussed in class
At the beginning of the course we will consider the possibility of a written test (multiple choice). Only students who attend the course will be allowed to take the test, which will represent a part of the whole exam.