The course aims to introduce managerial tools and models applied to cultural organizations. The organizations considered are theatres, libraries and archives, museums and archaeological areas, festival, attractions. A module is dedicated to accommodation business and its management. The theoretical contents will be completed with professionals’ invited speeches from tourist and cultural organizations.
- The hotel business in the tourism system
- Processes of production and service provision in the hotel industry
- Hotel competitive strategies
- Basic elements of hotel management: brand, management, facilities
- Marketing policies in hotel industry
- Quality and customer satisfaction in the hotel industry
- A conceptual map for service quality
- Balancing demand and production capacity, pricing policies
- Organization and operational management of a hotel business
- Specificities of the cultural sector in Italy
- Cultural sector in its narrow sense and in a broad sense (cultural businesses)
- Baumol disease and public intervention in culture
- Evaluation of the economic impact of a cultural organization / event in the territory
- Culture as a tourist attraction factor
- Tourism and culture: synergy or antithesis
- Management of the various cultural organizations: museums, libraries, theatres, cultural festivals
|Mauri Aurelio G.||Le imprese alberghiere. Strategie e marketing (Edizione 2)||Mc Graw Hill||2011||9788838672552||Printed on demand|
|Solima Ludovico||L'impresa culturale. Processi e strumenti di gestione (Edizione 1)||Carocci||2004||8843030299|
The exam consists of an oral test, aimed at evaluating both accurate knowledge and critical view of the course topics.
To achieve the levels of excellence, the student will have to demonstrate ability to identify links and relationships and to apply the tools to different contexts.
Erasmus Students are asked to contact Prof. Ugolini during tutorial hours at the beginning of the teaching period