The course has the aim to give the students useful tools and competencies to manage marketing processes for goods and services both in B2B and B2C activities.
Using an interactive approach, students will identify the main theories to apply in the definition of a marketing plan, studying both theoretical and practical aspects of marketing and facing the challenges of today's world.
In addition to the theoretical aspects, the course will teach a methodological approach to strategic and operational marketing, identifying the information needed to start a correct decisional process and the steps to reach the marketing targets identified.
- Definitions of Marketing and the role of customer
- Marketing process and marketing plan
- The marketing plan, from its definition to its implementation
- Value as measure of company performance
- Marketing of goods and services; principal aspects and differences
- Market analysis and the strategic alternatives
--- Demand Analysis
--- Supply Analysis
--- Consumer analysis
--- Market dynamics
--- Company and Brand identity
--- The vision, the mission, the values
--- Critical Success Factors
--- Market approach: product oriented or customer oriented
- Communication: the user and the value
- User-generated content and digital communication
|Busacca B. Bertoli G.||Customer value (Edizione 3)||Egea||2017||Testo Addizionale|
|Mattiacci A. Pastore A.||Marketing. Il management orientato al mercato.||Hoepli||2014||9788820357061||Testo d'esame|
|Luigi Pirandello||Uno, nessuno e centomila||Giunti||2007||9788844034054||Testo addizionale. Non richiesto all'esame.|
The exam is divided into a written test and an oral one for those who got a +18 mark in the written test.
The material for attendees has been illustrated during the course and consists as well the chapters to study.
Other students have to study the entire book "Marketing. Il management orientato al mercato. Mattiacci, Pastore"