On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the basic concepts of grammar;
- apply their theoretical knowledge to concrete linguistic data, i.e., analyze German sentences with respect to the so-called "Felderanalyse", the syntactic functions and the other concepts that will be introduced during classes;
- appraise the importance of the theoretic framework for the analysis and interpretation of data;
- demonstrate to have the German language skills that correspond to the B1 level of the CEFR.
"The structure of the German sentence. Introduction to syntactic analysis"
The module provides to the students the basic instrument for syntactic analysis (analysis of syntactic constituents, parts of speech, syntactic functions and syntactic relations) with particular reference to the notion of topological fields ("Felderanalyse"), an approach which is specific for the German grammaticography.
Note: the course is taught in Italian.
- Text book: Tomaselli, Alessandra (2013): Introduzione alla sintassi del tedesco. Verona: QuiEdit.
- Wöllstein, Angelika (2010): Topologisches Satzmodell. Heidelberg: Universitätsverlag Winter. [BF 170 C 174]
- Wöllstein-Leisten, Angelika et al. (1997): Deutsche Satzstruktur. Grundlagen der syntaktischen Analyse. Tübingen: Narr [BF 170 C 157]
|Woellstein-Leisten, A. et al||Deutsche Satzstruktur. Grundlagen der syntaktischen Analyse||Stauffenburg||2006||978-3-86057-272-6|
|Tomaselli, A.||Introduzione alla sintassi del tedesco||QuiEdit||2013||978-88-6464-232-1|
Written examination. The student can freely choose the examination language (Italian or German). It consists of two parts: a first part on basic theoretical concepts (open questions) and a second part of exercises (analysis of both simple and complex sentences).
The exam can be taken only after receiving the certification of the B1 language skills. The final grade is the mean of the grade of the examination of this theoretic module and of the grade of the language certificate (B1).
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits