The main aim of the course is to provide students with:
- A general knowledge of the literary, cultural and historical context: main writers/texts/movements/genres discussed in class
- Ability to read critically the literary texts included in the reading list, by putting to use the theoretical knowledge gained in class
- Ability to express oneself and critically argue in Spanish
The course will focus on a selection of literary representations, among the many the characterise 17th Spanish literature: novela picaresca.
The course will be taught in Spanish.
Students are required to check throughout the course materials and information uploaded on E-learning UNIVR
Students who are unable to attend are required to contact the teacher.
|Alonso de Castillo Solórzano||La niña de los embustes, Teresa de Manzanares (Edizione 1)||Debolsillo||2005||84-9793-592-6|
|Francisco Rico||La novela picaresca y el punto de vista (Edizione 1)||Editorial Seix Barral (Barcelona)||2000||978-8-432-20468-5||(o edizione più recente)|
|Felipe B. Pedraza, Milagros Rodríguez Cáceres||Las épocas de la literatura española. (Edizione 1)||Ariel (Barcelona)||2002||84-344-2502-5||Capítulo 3: El renacimiento, pp. 71-112|
|a cura di Maria Grazia Profeti||L'età d'oro della letteratura spagnola. Il Seicento||La Nuova Italia (Firenze)||1998||88-221-2976-8||II capitolo: Il romanzo picaresco, pp. 453-489|
An oral exam in Spanish will assess:
- a knowledge of primary and secondary texts
- the ability to articulate effectively the information and critical assessments concerning texts and topics discussed in class
At the beginning of the course we will consider the possibility of a written test (multiple choice). Only students who attend the course will be allowed to take the test, which will represent a part of the whole exam.