The course aims at helping students:
- know the basic theoretical concepts of Spanish Phonetics and Phonology
- know the phonetic and phonological system of Spanish in contrast with Italian
- know normative aspects of Spanish pronunciation
- familiarize with the phonetic symbols as a way to visualize the pronunciation
- think about phonetic and phonological structures of both languages by means of phonetic transcriptions
- observe the differences between pronunciation and spelling
The course intends to outline the phonetic and phonological systems of contemporary standard Spanish. The fundamental concepts of Spanish phonetics, exemplified in detail with transcriptions, as well as those elements emerging from a contrastive analysis between the Italian and the Spanish systems, will be examined.
Assessment will be by written exam.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits