This course, held in French, aims at introducing French literature and culture from the beginning of Eighteenth-Century until the half of Nineteenth-Century.
The chronological evolution of French society and Literature of Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries will be analyzed through representative texts (theatre, novel and conte philosophique), which are to be read integrally and in French language; an anthological choice of representative passages from important texts of the period will also be provided and analyzed during the course.
- Montesquieu, Lettres Persanes, Paris, Flammarion, 2011.
- P. de Marivaux, Le jeu de l’amour et du hasard, éd. de J.-P. Sermain e pr. de C. Naugrette, Paris, Gallimard, 1994
- Voltaire, Candide ou l'optimisme, (edizione da precisare)
- P. A. Caron de Beaumarchais, Le Mariage de Figaro (presentazione di E. Lavezzi), Paris, Garnier Flammarion, 2008.
- H. de Balzac, Le Père Goriot (edizione da precisare)
The complete program, as well as other obligatory bibliographical precisions will be indicated at the beginning of the semester.
Students who can't attend the lessons are invites to contact the teacher to precise their program.
History of Literature:
Concerning Eighteenth-Century, students will obligatory have to study the following texts:
- La civiltà letteraria francese del Settecento, a cura di G. Iotti, Bari, Laterza, 2009;
- J.-M. Goulemot, La Littérature des Lumières, Paris, Colin, 2005.
-Storia europea della letteratura francese, a cura di Lionello Sozzi, volume 2, Torino, Einaudi, 2013, pp. 129-167.
The exam is held in French
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits