This course aims at introducing the student to discourse processing and its application to contemporary English in multimodal contexts.
Teaching language: English
1. INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY OF ENGLISH DISCOURSE IN MULTIMODAL CONTEXT
2. REMEDIATION, RESEMIOTIZATION, AND MULTIMODALITY
3. RECONTEXTUALIZATION, DIALOGISM, AND INTERDISCOURSIVITY
4. POLITICAL DISCOURSES, IDEOLOGIES AND IDENTITY
5. LEGAL DISCOURSE, EQUALITY, IDEOLOGY AND IDENTITY
6. CHALLENGING IDEOLOGIES BETWEEN NEW AND OLD MEDIA
7. ENGLISH OF SUPERMODERNITY AND NON-SPACES
- Zanfei, Anna (2014,) “Notes on the Use of English: Ideology, Identity, Interdiscursive and Multimodal recontextualization”
- Doloughan, Fiona J. (2011), "Contemporary Narrative: Textual Production, Multimodality and Multiliteracies"(Chapters 1, 2 and 6)
PREREQUISITES: Lingua Inglese 1 (English Language 1); English B2 level (only for second year students).
EXAMS METHOD: Written Exam.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits