On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the basic concepts of grammar;
- apply their theoretical knowledge to concrete linguistic data, i.e., analyze German sentences with respect to the so-called "Felderanalyse", the syntactic functions and the other concepts that will be introduced during classes;
- appraise the importance of the theoretic framework for the analysis and interpretation of data;
- demonstrate to have the German language skills that correspond to the B1 level of the CEFR.
"The structure of the German sentence. Introduction to syntactic analysis"
The module provides to the students the basic instrument for syntactic analysis (analysis of syntactic constituents, parts of speech, syntactic functions and syntactic relations, such as government, agreement, coordination and "Postionsbezug" [see Eisenberg 2004, vol. 2: 32-37]) with particular reference to the notion of topological fields ("Felderanalyse"), an approach which is specific for the German grammaticography.
Note: the course is taught in Italian.
- Text book: Tomaselli, Alessandra (2013): Introduzione alla sintassi del tedesco. Verona: QuiEdit.
- Eisenberg, Peter (2004): Grundriß der deutschen Grammatik. Vol. 1: Das Wort. Vol. 2: Der Satz. 2., bearbeitete und aktualisierte Auflage. Stuttgart: Metzler. [BF 170 C 159/1-2]
- Tesnière, Lucien (2001): Elementi di sintassi strutturale. A cura di Germano Proverbio e Anna Trocini Cerrina. Torino: Rosenberg & Sellier [BF 100 G 24]
- Wöllstein, Angelika (2010): Topologisches Satzmodell. Heidelberg: Universitätsverlag Winter. [BF 170 C 174]
- Wöllstein-Leisten, Angelika et al. (1997): Deutsche Satzstruktur. Grundlagen der syntaktischen Analyse. Tübingen: Narr [BF 170 C 157]
|Tomaselli, A.||Introduzione alla sintassi del tedesco||QuiEdit||2013||978-88-6464-232-1|
Written examination. The student can freely choose the examination language (Italian or German). The exam can be taken only after receiving the certification of the B1 language skills. The final grade is the mean of the grade of the examination of this theoretic module and of the grade of the language certificate (B1).
Students who do not regularly attend classes please refer to the indications ("avviso per studenti non frequentanti") published at the University website (linked with the course).
Required linguistic competence: B1 (CEFR)