The course is oriented to:
- Develop a general knowledge of fundamental characteristics of communicative processes and of interpersonal relations.
- Present a review of principal results of communicative research on mass-media communication.
- Reflect on the principal characteristics of communication processes emerging in the commercial field.
At the end of the course the student must demonstrate:
1. to be able to use autonomously the fundamental concepts and the specific lexicon of communication theory, recognizing the definition of the elements of the communicative act;
2. to know how the verbal and nonverbal communication elements contribute to the effectiveness of public communication, building credibility and persuasion;
3. to know how to recognize the structural elements that distinguish face to face communication from mediated communication and both from mass communication;
4. to be able to use the concepts of communication theory to interpret the contemporary phenomenon of commercial communication.
The teaching program will cover the following contents:
Fundamental concepts (information, communication and social report)
The structure of the communicative relationship
The communicative process
The functions of communication
The noise and dis-functions of communication
The forms of communication (non-verbal communication and language)
The elements of effectiveness of public communication
The approaches to the study of communication
Communication and phenomenology of social networks
Credibility and persuasion
Communication in the business field
Lessons will be held in lecture modality, through the use of audiovisual media too.
There will be two theoretical-practical seminars on:
1. the elements of effectiveness of public speaking;
2. representation and new meanings of Made in Italy
• Gili G. Colombo F., Comunicazione e società, Brescia, La Scuola.
• Giumelli R. (2019), "Post-Made in Italy. Nuovi significati, nuove sfide nella società globale", Edizioni Altravista, Pavia.•
|Gili G., Colombo F.||Comunicazione, cultura e società. L'approccio sociologico alla relazione comunicativa||La Scuola||2012|
|Riccardo Giumelli||Post-Made in Italy. Nuovi significati, nuove sfide nella società globale||Altravista||2019||978-88-99688-43-1||il libro può essere ordinato direttamente alla casa editrice https://www.edizionialtravista.com/post-made-in-italy-riccardo-giumelli.html|
The assessment test is intended to focus on the student's acquisition of the concepts and the basic lexicon relating to the structure of the communication, with particular reference to the differences between face-to-face, mediated and mass-media communication. In addition, the student must demonstrate that he possesses the conceptual elements to interpret the communicative processes involved in the socio-economic sector of consumption.
Students must pass a written test with 33 questions.
Each right answer will mark one point. Test will be passed with 18 right answers.
Tests will be held in June, July, September, January and February
Those who want to change the mark obtained with the written test, can take the exam with an oral examination on the whole syllabus with the addition of 8,9,14,15 chapters of the book Societing (Fabris).