|Thursday||3:10 PM - 4:50 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall T.6|
|Friday||10:10 AM - 11:50 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall 2.6||from Mar 23, 2017 to Jun 10, 2017|
A project-based practicum course focused on creating, editing and publishing in print and/or electronic forms. Including theory and practice, this course examines the fundamental aspects of the contemporary publishing industry. Issues such as layout processes, production, visual design and marketing are explored on a hands-on level with case studies.
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- Gain a complete view of contemporary publishing industry;
- Work with basic elements of editorial design;
- Create a publication, in collaboration with others, tailored to specific purposes, audiences and genres.
- Publishing processes (10 hours): acquisition, editing, production, marketing, sales, distribution;
- Introduction to the elements of editorial design and production (10 hours): printing techniques, color management, formats, devices, typefaces, grids and layouts, covers and packaging;
- International case studies inspired by principles of redesign and rethink (4 hours): Feuilleton, The Times, The Guardian, Snow Fall, Zeit, Sole 24 Ore, Businessweek;
- Practice exercises (12 hours).
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits