|Wednesday||8:30 AM - 10:00 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall T.10|
|Friday||11:30 AM - 1:00 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall T.10|
On successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- recognise translation relevant text typologies;
- analyse text types from the point of view of translation;
- demonstrate knowledge about text specific translation problems;
- solve translation problems occurring in the German-Italian and Italian-German translations of texts related to tourism and commerce;
- show ability in the use of different translation tools, in particular electronic dictionaries, parallel texts, monolingual and bilingual text corpora and CAT-tools;
- produce target texts which are coherent with the text function and audience, on the basis of small translation assignment.
After a theoretical introduction about translation as a communicative activity and translation strategies strictly related to the source text typology and context, we will work on the translation of real texts related to tourism and commerce (for example brochures; travel guides, programs, reports; articles about economical aspects of tourism, company correspondences, contracts) in the language combination German-Italian.
As well as presenting the basic knowledge on translation, the course aims at developing the ability to autonomously manage simple translation activities. The texts taken from real world situations will be analysed and translation strategies will be discussed in order to elaborate credible target texts.
During the course translation tools and research methods, which are useful for translating specific texts, will be also presented: electronic dictionaries, text corpora, parallel texts and CAT tools.
Schmitt, Peter A. (2015) Handbuch translation. Stauffenburg Verlag: Tübingen. 5-13; 37-38; 141-298
Radegundis Stolze (2013) Fachübersetzen – Ein Lehrbuch für Theorie und Praxis. Frank & Timme: Berlin.
Christiane Nord (2009) Textanalyse und Übersetzen. Theoretische Grundlagen, Methode und didaktische Anwendung einer übersetzungsrelevanten Textanalyse. Julius Groos Verlag Brigitte Narr: Tübingen.
La bibliografia dettagliata verrà fornita durante il corso.
Students who regularly attend classes: written assignment + written examination
Students who do not attend classes regularly: full written examination
Required linguistic competence: C2 (CEFR)