|Monday||5:30 PM - 7:00 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall 2.4|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM - 11:30 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall 2.4|
This course aims at introducing the student to discourse processing and its application to contemporary English in multimodal and digital contexts.
Teaching language: English
1. INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY OF ENGLISH DISCOURSE IN MULTIMODAL CONTEXT
2. RESEMIOTIZATION AND MULTIMODALITY
3. RECONTEXTUALIZATION, DIALOGISM, AND INTERDISCOURSIVITY
4. POLITICAL DISCOURSES AND THE FLUIDITY BETWEEN WRITTEN AND SPOKEN MODES
5. LEGAL DISCOURSE, EQUALITY, IDEOLOGY AND IDENTITY
6. CHALLENGING IDEOLOGIES BETWEEN NEW AND OLD MEDIA
7. DIGITAL DISCOURSE ANALYSIS AND INTERTEXTUALITY
- Zanfei, Anna (2014, 2015) “Notes on the Use of English: Ideology, Identity, Interdiscursive and Multimodal recontextualization”
- Tannen, Deborah Trester A M eds.(2013) Discourse 2.0: Language and New Media (chapters: introduction, chapter 1, 6, 13)
Prerequisits: English Language 1 or Lingua inglese 1; C1 competence level for the English language(computerized test); letteratura inglese 1.
EXAMS METHOD: The written exam will present open questions that students are required to answer through the analysis of texts according to the discourse processing methodology learned during the course and though the bibliographical material.
Lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 37129 Verona
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits